12.08.2004

mmmm....

well well...my art show was a good time. i hope those of you that made it had a good time as well. sorry i missed a few of you(minusworld/sugarpants) i must have been up stairs in the party room or something. anyway bill santen played a wonderful set and showed some of his kick ass paintings. ben allen blasted some art rock. my whole soundtrack thing wasn't what i expected. it played but i'm not sure if anyone heard it. o well the hair police made a brief but memorable appearance. i sold a few things which leads me to the next story. so i was going to leave town on sunday, but i ended up sleeping all day. then on monday i packed up most of my shit in my car. then brian got home and we hung out...then decided to go see this pretty girl sing at high on rose. when we got back to the icehouse we saw someone walking away. brian said "he just broke into someone's car." he was right...it was my car! they tore the shit out of my dash getting out my old ass won't even play burned cds cd player. they also got my danelectro guitar. that is not the worst of it. they stole every drawing i had(nearly 100)...even the one i did of myself in the second grade. all of it was in a rigid brand vacuum box....i would have loved to have seen the look on those cockfuckers faces when they opened the box and realized it wasn't a vacuum...but .... i would say at least half of the art i have ever done in my life....so i have cried and slept through the past couple of days...all the time wondering what it was that i did to deserve this...my aunt says shit happens..she is right. i guess i needed to weed out my art collection and i could also use a new cd player. i have an acoustic gibson(i would have probably jumped off the gotyam roof if that one was stolen) o i forgot they also got all of my cds..maybe 200 or more...probably a bunch of shit they will not even know what it is....i think that is all ..it's making me sick to write about it so i'm stopping now...if you ever go to the icehouse....make sure you don't have anything in your car....detach your cd players...so goodbye to my drawings...i still have all of my paintings which is good....i'm out about $1000.00...i'm going back to sleep... good thing is we got there in time...before they stole my laptop..amp...digital camera...dad's cellphone...my insulin...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some total bastards in the world, I'm so sorry that they stole all your stuff, you have my utter sympathy.

Take care and try not to get too pissed off about it, at least you're safe and still have the ability to create. Pity them if anything, it's probably the only time they'll be in possession of items that thought and love have gone into.

Glad the Gibson survived!

~Lindsay

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuckers.

I'm sorry we missed you at the show; we weren't able to stay too long because I had a big baby panic attack fit (still adjusting to my medicine, I guess, since I feel a lot better this week — or maybe I hate Christmas or something) and we had to leave not long after we got there. My bad.

But hey, you should come back into town sometime soon, and we can "chill" or "hang" or whatever it is the kids do these days.

I'm sorry again about your stuff.

—C.

4:44 PM  
Blogger steven edward streight said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. But there is a gain in it as well.

I am the King of Loss and Nothingness.

I had a girlfriend several years ago who had a schizoid paranoia episode, kicked my rosey ass out of her apartment, and when I returned a few days later, here's what she threw away, and bums rifled through with glee:

1. my dead dad's black leather motorcycle jacket I had painted with my Str8 Sounds Mind Control Band logo and estoteric symbols, "now vomit" slogan, plus all the dangling jewelry crap I'd hung all over it.

2. all my original video films, with my own electronic music as soundtracks.

3. all my original master cassette tapes of all the bands I created from 1983 to 1999, maybe 200 tapes.

4. my New Order video, 120 Minutes sample videos, all my philosophy books, etc.

5. my unique electronic synthesizer with a built in sampler microphone that played back sampled sounds on each of the keys at different speeds and pitches--I did incredible feats with that clever device, practically a one man band, due to overlapping samples.

As I trudged off to the men's mission homeless shelter, I grabbed two suitcases of tapes (electronic composers I had taped from the local university music department library: Xenakis, Morton Subotnick, Wendy Carlos, Varese, Partch, Stockhausen, Oliveros, Ussachevsky, Lucier, Schaeffer, Pierre Henry, Oskar Sala, etc.--then had to abandon them in the crack whore park due to my previously broke back, could not carry these heavy suitcases all the way across town to the shelter.

Then I myself, in a fit of spiritual renewal, threw away all my novels and short stories, based on weird actual events in my life, and whatever electro industrial noise band music I had left at my mom's house.

Many times I have lost nearly or literally everything I had.

You survive it.

Do not regret the loss. Try to see it as a gain. Gain the new energy to exact revenge by producing tons more art, music, drawings, whatever.

I do not care about anything I've lost, though I admit some might be nice to still have.

Bottom line is what you are deep down in your soul, not what you have in external world.

Even our art and music and literature we create means nothing compared with what occurs in our immortal souls. What crystallizes in your spirit. What path you're on metaphysically.

The next life will be full of artistic grandeur and infinite creativity.

Hope this cheers you up a little bit.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Vodka-M ax said...

I found this blog and it's nice, you have beautiful paintings, you are the artist? well let me teld you something,you have talent, good work¡ and you lost like 200 cd's come on it's a tragedy¡

6:21 PM  
Blogger t said...

dude...i am not in the hills...and i'm sorry you are not in the valley of death trying to climb your way out...totally sucks. sorry that i missed your show, but i'm glad they didn't steal you.

6:40 PM  
Blogger steven edward streight said...

Your question, "what did I do to deserve this?" is a complex one.

When someone dies, and people ask, "why did so and so die so young [or so suddenly, or so painfully, or so whatever]"--my reply is "because they were born."

Birth is the cause of death. You cannot die if you're not born.

Possession is the cause of theft. I mean, the world is full of evil thieves who want what others have. If they have an opportunity, they will steal from anyone who lets their guard down.

While we cannot guard our possessions from all conceivable modes of theft, even banks have this problem, we can exercise due diligence to protect our stuff as best we can, walking in wisdom: "wise as serpents, harmless as doves."

We strive to lay up treasures in heaven, spiritual thoughts, inner resources, good karma, celestial attributes, divine mentality, rather than hoarding treasures on earth where moth and rust corrupt and theives break through and steal.

Not denying that it hurts to lose treasured items. Not denying that those assholes who stole from you will be cursed by their stolen plunder. Not denying that thieves are scum who will be poisoned and attacked by their ill gotten gain.

I hate wicked people who steal, con, hurt, manipulate, lie, vandalize, scam, etc.

But their deeds will pursue them psychologically and will draw toward them negative consequences, and theft weakens people spiritually, destroys inner strength, destroys self-confidence, robs them of self-reliance, and attracts other thieves who will in turn steal from them.

But you...you will be more protective of your stuff, and you will grow stronger through harsh austerity, deprivation, asceticism, lack...and your future art will be enhanced by your loss of past art, an energy of artistic "revenge" so to speak will boost future creation into zones not available to you prior to the theft by brain turds.

10:11 PM  
Blogger j.CEe VEe said...

i am surprized i never have gotten broken into over there... tht ais like once for you and bobby doug... twice for babyrock and tony ronk... maybe i should consider stoping sleeping in my car out there when i am tanked?
i went looking arounf a few dumpsters in the area the other day thinking that maybe they pitched some of the art so as not to get found with something that was obviously your's and stolen...
no luck
plus it was raining so dang bad last week...
i will keep a look out for stuff
i told you to go ahead and paint that danO
then we could track it down...
this whole thing just makes me sad as fuck

9:23 AM  
Blogger j.CEe VEe said...

crack crack crack
that is why that shit was stole
evil motherfucking shit that

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the truth.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last post was from me, by the way.

—C.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home