2.28.2005

I finally...

got a job. I once promised myself that I would never work in the restaurant industry again,but when cooking is the only thing I can put on my application then what else am I to do? So the wait has paid off. I start my new job tomorrow at the fanciest place in this small town. I'll be working the lunch shift:making the various salads and desserts. Then when I'm not doing that I'll be doing some prep for the supper shift. I'm a little nervous because the chef was trained at the Culinary Institute of America(also known in the culinary world as the C.I.A)... I hope he teaches me loads of new techniques and tricks. More than anything I hope he pays me well, because I've already made a mental note of the things I'm going to purchase. Since mine was stolen:a new electric guitar-an orange fender toronado. Orange toronados are hard to find,because that color has been discontinued. You have no idea how hard it is to find an orange guitar. I did find an acrylic (clear) one with an orange tint. it was a cheapo, but it was a neato. I think that is all I want. O wait...Maybe I'll get myself a hooker or three. Two black ones and an Asian or Caucasian. It's been a while..Plus I'm kind of lonely. Just kidding I have never been with a hooker, maybe a few sluts,, butt no hookers. Oh I know what else I want: a record player and some software that allows me to burn DVD's. Maybe I'll buy myself some new clothes since everything I own either has paint on it,a hole in it,or both. Well that is all I can think of for now. I hope all is well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Le Lion said...

yaaay, steeeeeve!
im so happy for you. its looking like youre movin to a better place in life, and i hope youre feelin a bit better these days.

thanks for stickin' with me during Bullshit Blog Fest 2005 Part Two. youre the bestest.

where aer you working??
if ya ever wanna call sometime to say hi, my number is the same its always been.
xo

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Candice said...

Hey man,

Glad to hear you're getting your job on... restaurant work isn't the best, but if it gets hard, make this your mantra: "This is the life that allows me the life that I want." Not every job is perfect, but as long as you're doing other things that make you happy, it's all good. Besides, you can always quit.

I don't know about the other stuff, but the DVD software should be pretty cheap. :D

Thanks for the nice words/advice on the writing, blogging, music-making...

—C.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Lindsay said...

Hi Steve!

Congrats on the job :)

By the way, go to www.angelfire.com/scary/wizo/blog and look at the entry for the 2nd March. Something made me think you'll appreciate it ;) If not, don't be offended! It's just the English sense of humour.

Take care,
Lindsay

4:39 AM  
Blogger cmdrslappy said...

nice work, buh-dee! thanks for the sweet linx (this one and the one before)... i would've responded sooner but for some reason your blog (i think it's maybe cuz of all of the pictures?) makes my browser freeze and sometimes explode. weird. anywho, i tried burning you a copy of that dvd thang, but it won't burn. we're trying to figure out why.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home